Vermont is a beautiful state with many charming towns and villages that offer a variety of activities and events during the New Year holiday.
Some of the best places in Vermont to enjoy the New Year holiday include:
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe to our email list for the latest news!
Burlington: Located on the shores of Lake Champlain, Burlington is Vermont’s largest city and offers a range of New Year’s Eve events, including live music, dancing, and fireworks at Waterfront Park.
There are many options for celebrating New Year’s Eve in Burlington, Vermont. Here are a few ideas:
- Attend a live music or comedy show: Burlington has a vibrant music and entertainment scene, with many venues hosting special New Year’s Eve events.
- Go to a restaurant or bar: Many restaurants and bars in Burlington offer special menus and drinks for New Year’s Eve. You could also try a pub crawl or bar hop to different locations throughout the city.
- Take a winter walk: Burlington is located in a beautiful region of Vermont, and there are many opportunities for outdoor activities during the winter months. Consider taking a walk or hike through one of the city’s many parks or trails, or go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Stay in and have a quiet night: If you prefer a more low-key New Year’s Eve, you could stay in and watch a movie or play board games with friends or family. You could also prepare a special meal or bake cookies to celebrate the occasion.
- No matter how you choose to celebrate, there are many options for having a fun and memorable New Year’s Eve in Burlington, Vermont.
Stowe: This popular ski town is known for its beautiful mountain scenery and festive New Year’s Eve celebrations. Many local hotels and resorts offer special packages and events to ring in the new year.
There are many special places to visit in Stowe, Vermont on New Year’s Eve. Some ideas for your trip might include:
- The Stowe Mountain Resort: This popular ski resort offers a variety of winter activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating.
- The Stowe Recreation Path: This 5.3-mile path is perfect for a scenic walk or bike ride on New Year’s Eve. The path follows the West Branch of the Little River and offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
- The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum: Located in downtown Stowe, this museum showcases the history of skiing and snowboarding in Vermont.
- The Von Trapp Family Lodge: This lodge, made famous by the movie “The Sound of Music,” is located on 2,500 acres in the Green Mountains. The lodge offers a variety of activities, including cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and ice skating.
- The Stowe Community Church: This historic church, located in the center of town, hosts a New Year’s Eve service featuring music and a message of hope and renewal.
- The Rusty Nail: This popular bar and restaurant in downtown Stowe is a great place to ring in the new year with live music and a festive atmosphere.
- No matter where you choose to spend your New Year’s Eve in Stowe, Vermont, you’re sure to have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Manchester: Located in the heart of Vermont’s Green Mountains, Manchester is a great place to spend the New Year holiday. The town offers a range of activities, including skiing, snowshoeing, and shopping at the many boutiques and outlets.
There are many special places you can visit on New Year’s Eve in Manchester, Vermont. Here are a few suggestions:
- Hildene, the Lincoln Family Home: This historic mansion, built in 1905, was the summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln, the oldest son of President Abraham Lincoln. It is a beautiful and serene place to visit, with stunning views of the surrounding landscape. On New Year’s Eve, Hildene typically hosts a special event with live music, food, and fireworks.
- Equinox Resort: This luxury resort, located in the heart of Manchester, is a great place to spend New Year’s Eve. It offers a variety of activities, such as skiing, snowshoeing, and ice skating, as well as a variety of dining and entertainment options.
- Manchester Designer Outlets: If you’re in the mood for some shopping, the Manchester Designer Outlets are a great place to visit on New Year’s Eve. They offer a wide range of designer brands at discounted prices, and many stores stay open late on New Year’s Eve.
- Vermont Country Store: This iconic Vermont store, founded in 1946, is a must-see destination for anyone visiting Manchester. It’s a great place to shop for souvenirs, gifts, and other local products, and it’s open on New Year’s Eve.
- Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum: This small museum, located in downtown Manchester, is a great place to learn about the history of skiing and snowboarding in Vermont. It’s a fun and educational way to spend New Year’s Eve, and it’s open until 5:00 p.m. on December 31st.
Woodstock: This quaint Vermont town is known for its charming New England charm and beautiful natural surroundings. Woodstock offers a range of activities and events during the New Year holiday, including skiing, snowshoeing, and live music.
Woodstock, Vermont is a charming and historic town located in the heart of the Green Mountains. There are many special places to visit in Woodstock, Vermont on New Year’s Eve, including art galleries, antique stores, and local restaurants. You can also enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, such as skiing, snowshoeing, and hiking, depending on the weather.
Here are a few ideas for places to visit on New Year’s Eve in Woodstock:
- The Billings Farm and Museum: This museum is located on a working dairy farm and is a great place to learn about Vermont’s agricultural history.
- The Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park: This park is located on the grounds of a former estate and features beautiful gardens, trails, and a historic mansion.
- The Woodstock Town Hall Theater: This historic theater hosts live performances, movies, and other events throughout the year.
- The Woodstock Inn & Resort: This luxurious resort is located in the center of town and offers a variety of amenities, including a spa, fitness center, and fine dining.
- The Woodstock History Center: This museum features exhibits on the history of Woodstock and the surrounding region.
- The Vermont Maple Outlet: This store specializes in all things maple, including maple syrup, maple candy, and maple-flavored products.
No matter where you choose to spend your New Year holiday in Vermont, you are sure to find plenty of festive activities and events to help you ring in the new year. Although this is certainly not an exhaustive list of wonderful places and things to do in Vermont on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, this should help get you started in the right direction.