Enjoy a tongue-in-cheek explanation as to why many old time Vermonters do not consider Burlington a part of Vermont.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe to our email list for the latest news!
- There aren’t many real, native Vermonters living there.
- People from the Northeast Kingdom vacation “way down” in Burlington.
- Ethan Allen’s monument and former home is in Burlington but he was a flatlander.
- Because Phish’s last concert was in Coventry.
- There are no holsteins or chainsaws anywhere to be seen.
- People from Burlington think “the Logger” is what a real Vermonter would be like.
- Burlington folk drink pricey bottled water. Real Vermonters get there’s free…from the tap!
- The Queen City has the highest per capita weirdo count in the state.
- No real Vermont town would vote for a mayor that wants to turn their town into a sanctuary for criminals.
- McDonald’s closed and left downtown Burlington. McDonalds never leaves anywhere (except Stowe, which ain’t really Vermont either!).