- Vermonter.com Home Page
- Blog Home
- Vermont Country Store
- Vermont Stories & Articles
- Blog Posts
Colchester Corn Field
Autumn at Shelburne Museum
Covered Bridge in Charlotte
Halloween is coming as the cool winds of autumn carry away the colored leaves. The days are getting shorter and darkness arrives earlier each night. The howl of autumn winds through the green mountains of Vermont, herald the coming of winter. Is it the wind making those strange noises or is it something else? Enjoy a good old fashioned Vermont ghost story or two. There are plenty here to choose from.
You can find plenty of ghosts haunting the Green Mountains of Vermont. If you’re really bold, spend a night at a haunted Vermont inn or hotel. If you’re spending the night alone, maybe you’ll appreciate the company (or perhaps not).
- High Spirits at the Highgate Manor Inn
- Most Haunted St Michael’s College
- Jonathan Wheelock’s Farmhouse
- Curse of the Hayden House. Ghosts or Nonsense?
- Lake Bomoseen’s Ghostly Rowboat
- Shelburne Museum’s Resident Ghosts
- The Equinox Ghost Story, Manchester, VT
- Norwich Inn Ghosts
- Party Ghosts at the Brass Lantern Inn?
- Bennington’s Southern Vermont College
- Wake Robin Ghosts of Shelburne
- Vampires in Woodstock, Vermont
- Burlington Restaurant Spirits of the Ghostly Kind
- Captain Morey’s Moonlight Haunting
- Old Stagecoach Inn’s Ghostly Guests
- A Haunting in Chester, VT Debunked?
- Vermont ghosts or nonsense?
- The Ghosts of Lake Bomoseen
- The Bowman Monument of Cuttingsville, VT
- Stowe’s Famous Ghost at Emily’s Bridge
- Resident Ghost Lora, the Resident Ghost of the Back Inn Time
- The Dedicated Dead Workers of Barre, VT
- Ghosts still visit the Cahoon Farm in Lyndon
- Brattleboro Hauntings